Ausangate Trek, is a mountain of the Vilcanota mountain range in the Andes of Peru. With an elevation of 6,384 m – 20,944 ft. It is situated around 100 kilometers at southeast of Cusco.
Overview of the 7 Day Ausangate Trek Private Service
Ausangate trek is the newest trek destination in Cusco, Peru. This amazing snow-capped mountain is one of the most spectacular adventure for nature lovers. The trek is full of beauty bluecolor lakes, majestic landscapes and truly amazing colorful mountains. Ausangate trek really allows you to enjoy an unforgettable experience of the Andes.
By booking the Ausangate trek with Happy Gringo Tours, you are picking out the best local trek operator. Go hiking the mountains with organic food!.
When you get tired you have the chance to ride the ambulance horse, we always send a emergency horse just in case and the safety or our clients is really important.
Trip Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture.
Good For: Moderate physical fitness.
Difficulty: V. Difficult.
Starting Altitude: 3800m – 12,467ft.
Highest Altitude: 5200m – 17,056ft.
Hiking Distance: 76 km – 48 miles.
Accommodation: 6 nights in tents
Coldest Night: Day 2 around 0º Celsius and day 4 around 0º celsius
Arrive to Cusco 48 hours before your trek departure, in order to acclimate and we may need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events that are out of our control.
Itinerary on the 7 Day Ausangate Trek Private Service
Day 1 Cusco – Tinki Pacchanta
We leave Cusco at 5 in the morning by bus to the starting point of the trek Tinki village, where we have the breakfast in order to start hiking. Along the trek we get to see impressive views of snow-capped similar to Ausangate, Colque Cruz and Caracol. Then comes the organic lunch. Afterwards we continue with our journey to meet local people with traditional colorful clothes, Llamas, Alpacas before to reach the first campsite Pacchanta. Optional to visit the hot springs and the night is spectacular.
Day 2 Pacchanta – Ccampa Pass – Ausangate Campsite
After breakfast, begins the hike slightly for 4 hours to the lunch place, along the walk we have breathtaking views and amazing lakes. The lunch is at Pucca Moqo where we have the organic lunch with unbelievable landscapes. On the way to the campsite we get to see Vicuñas, Condors before to reach the first summit Qampa, after the pass we descend couple hours to reach the next campsite Ausangate.
Day 3 Ausangate Camp – Huayracmachay Lake – Yanamayo Camp
Today, we begin the hike with amazing views of the valley, waterfalls, crystalline streams and small turquoise lakes. After 5 hours trek we get a beautiful lookout point Pampa Cahuana to enjoy the lunch. Then we have the chance to fish in a small river before to enter the Llama valley to be in the middle of Alpacas, Llamas which is a beautiful experience. After we reach the Yanamayo campsite that has another pretty amazing panorama
Day 4 Yanamayo – Condor Summit – Sibinacocha Lake
After organic breakfast, we hike uphill for 2 hours before to conquer the highest point of the trek, then we walk at high elevation approx an hour to see many wild Vicuñas right before to reach the summit of Condor pass. Here on the top you have enough time to enjoy the amazing sceneries before to reach our lunch place, which is close to beautiful waterfalls and cooper color lake. After lunch we hike 2 more hours to the next campsite Sibinacocha lake
Day 5 Sibinacocha – Vicuña Mountain – Cáscara Lake
In the morning you will wake up with a great view of the lake and glacier peak. Then we will continue with the hike by the lake bank of Sibinacocha, along the way we have several stops to observe native birds and fish in the lake. Then we get to the lunch spot after 3 hours of hike, after lunch we have 2 hours of hiking to reach The Vicuña mountain, in this point the weather changes very quickly. From this point we have to descend gradually down where we see amazing of andean puna, in order to reach the next campsite Cascara where we can meet Quechua people.
Day 6 Cascara Lake – Pinaya Village
Today, can see spectacular sunrise before breakfast, then you can visit a traditional family house to appreciate their lifestyle at high elevation. After spending some time with Quechua families, we are going to continue gradually down for three hours to arrive the lunch place. After lunch we continue going gradually down for couple hours in order to reach the campsite of Pinayana Andean village – free afternoon
Day 7 Pinaya Andean Village – Cusco
After breakfast, free morning where we could have extra walking up to the viewpoint of the Quechua village so that you can interact with local people or visit the school. Before lunch we have a small ceremony with our expedition team in order to say goodbye. After lunch we will get back by bus to Cusco
Prices on the 7 Day Ausangate Trek Private Service
Minimum of Participants 02 persons
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
- Sleeping Bag US$40
- Walking poles US$15
- Inflatable Mattress US$35
- Single Tent Supplement US$30
- Mule to carry extra 8kg of personal items US$170
- Pillows ?
Inclusions on the 7 Day Ausangate Trek – Private Service
What is included:
- Pick up from your hotel on your departure day.
- Private transportation with a nice views to Tinki (Trail head)
- The first breakfast on the way, at the beginning of the trek.
- English speaking tour guide.
- One professional chef who will prepare delicious food in the whole hike.
- The chefs assistance and some porters.
- Horse men and their assistants.
- Horses to carry all hiking gears
- One emergency horse
- 4 man tents per pair (very comfortable)
- Three main course meals per day (very nutritional and organic) including a happy hour every evening (tea time)
- Kitchen tent, dining tent, table, chairs and a gas lamp to enjoy the evenings.
- Boiled water is provided in the morning, at lunch time, tea time, and dinner time, there is even hot water to keep your bed warm.
- Extra warm water for washing proposes every meal time.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Visit to traditional houses at Cascara camp.
- Bonfire in some nights with hot wine sangria.
- Foam mat
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
- 8 kgs = 16 pounds of your stuff is taken by horses
- Some help for the local people and the kids.
- Local transportation to sicuani and back to Cusco.
- Taxes included
Does not Include:
- Sleeping bag (rentals available from Happy Gringo Tours)
- Inflatable sleeping pads for extra comfort (3 inches/8 cm thick) (rentals available from Happy Gringo Tours)
- Walking sticks (rentals available from Happy Gringo Tours)
- Entrance to the hot spring 10 Soles
- Extra drinks like beer etc
- Tips for your guide, chef, horsemen and the porters are optional according your satisfaction of the service
What you need to take?
- Copy of your passport.
- Good day backpack.
- Good hiking gear like hiking boots, warm jackets, gloves, hat warm fleece and socks.
- Sleeping bag
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Hat and gloves
- Warm clothes: Layers for variable temperatures especially at night.
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream
- Insect Repellent
- Reusable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Drinkable Water
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries
- Walking stick.
- Swim clothes for the hot springs.
- EXTRA MONEY FOR SOUVENIRS, DRINKS & TIPS.
OPTIONAL: Little presents for kids of communities, school supplies, second hand clothes, etc.