Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu, is one of the newest trekking routes on offering in Cusco, Ollantaytambo. «The biggest quarry from Incas time and the most beautiful waterfall of the sacred valley of the Incas».
Overview on the 4 Day Cachicata Trail – Private Service
Cachicata trek is one of the newest route on offer for the world in Cusco state, based on the sacred valley of the Incas Ollantaytambo. Cachicata trek takes you through beautiful waterfall, spectacular views and Inca ruins to the most beautiful city of the Incas Machu Picchu.
This trek is for trekkers who like hiking without crowds as well for adventurers that enjoy the nature, specially for all the intellectual traveler that always travel with organic healthy food. Explore the Andes with us, unique in Peru with healthy products on the treks to Machu Picchu.
This spectacular view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas is part of Cachicacata trekking.
Trip Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture and organic healthy food.
Good For: Moderate physical fitness.
Overall Difficulty: Moderate
Starting Altitude: 3300 m – 10,827 ft.
Highest Altitude: 4440 m – 14,564 ft
Hiking Distance: 25 km – 15.5 miles
Accommodation: 02 nights in tent and 01 hotel in Machu Picchu pueblo
Coldest Night: Day 1 around 0º Celsius
Recommendation: We recommend you to arrive in Cusco 48 hours before your trek departure in order to acclimate at high elevation
Itinerary on the 4 Day Cachicata Trail to Machu Picchu
Day 1 Cusco – Socma – Rayan Village
We leave Cusco very early in the morning to the starting point of the hike Socma located in the sacred valley of the Incas, the hike for today is uphill to arrive the beautiful waterfall then you get to visit the impressive Inca ruins Inka Raqay, where you get a spectacular views, mountains, valleys from this place. After exploring the ruins you have 1 hour to climb up to the lunch place where you spend the first night, Rayan village.
Day 2 Rayan village – Cachicata Quarry
After breakfast, we have the longest day of the journey and to conquer the highest point of Cachicata trek 4440 m – 14,564 ft. Today you hike three hours before lunch, after lunch four more hours to get the second campsite Cachicata quarry. During the day you get to see amazing snow-capped Andes mountains, amazing views of the sacred valley of the Incas where Ollantaytambo is, Llama shepherds, etc. The day is for you!
Day 3 Cachicata – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes town
After organic breakfast, you will explore the quarries of Cachicata which is right in front of Ollantaytambo ruins, in this walking tour we see a variety of interesting features, therefore Cachicata is an intensive quarry that the Incas used to build Ollantaytambo ruins, we get to see several large buildings, burial houses (Chullpas) and there is cave with Inca mummies still in spot.
After the walking tour of the site, continue our way down the mountain following the original ramps that was used for transporting the carved stones to Ollantaytambo, then arriving to the Inca town in the afternoon to take the train to Aguas Calientes town
Day 4 Machu Picchu the wonder of PERU
After breakfast in the hotel, we will take the first bus to Machu Picchu to visit. We will have a 2 hour guided tour of the citadel, during this walking tour you will explore the most important temples of the lost city of the Incas. After the guide tour you have the chance to explore the site on your own and late in the afternoon take the train to Ollantaytambo, where you will continue by bus to Cusco in order to leave in your hotel.
Price on the 4 Day Cachicata Trail to Machu Picchu
Minimum of Participants 02 people
Number of Trekkers
Price – Based on Number of People
|02 people||US$850.00 per person|
|03 people||US$790.00 per person|
|04 people||US$730.00 per person|
|05 + people||US$630.00 per person|
Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Sleeping Bag US$25
- Walking Pole US$8
- Inflatable Mattress US$25
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
- Extra 7kg of personal items US$70
- Huayna Picchu permit US$25
- Machu Picchu Montaña US$25
- Vistadome one way US$45
Inclusions on the 4 Day Cachicata Trail – Private Service
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Assistant tour guide for groups of 9+
- Professional chef
- Mules to carry all camping equipments and 8 kg of your personal items
- Pick up from your hotel/hostel
- Private bus to Socma village
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town (Round-trip)
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco city
- Drinkable water bring your own water for the first morning
- 3 breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners (If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian, vegan, etc please let us know)
- Dining tent with chairs and table
- 4 men tent for only 2 people
- *** star hotel in Aguas Calientes on night 3
- Foam mattress
- Oxygen bottle tank
- First aid-kit
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
Does not Include
- Sleeping bags
- The first breakfast on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 4
- Tips for cook, guide and porters
- Travel and health insurance (You are strongly recommended to take out travel/health insurance for the duration of your expedition)
What you need to take
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket and rain poncho
- Warm jackets
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (recommended 35 better if is higher)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medications
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries