Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu, is situated above the Sacred Valley of the Incas and takes you to Machu Picchu following the sacred valley all the way down to Aguas Calientes.
Overview of the 3 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek – Private Service
The Huchuy Qosqo trek is a really nice and not too challenging option that combines nature, original Inca Trails a community visit and a guided tour of the little known Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo. Taking you off the beaten track you get away from the all the crowds of the better known treks but still get to enjoy all the amazing things Peru has to offer. The Huchuy Qosqo trek is perfect for those with a short time frame or who are looking for an easier trekking route.
By booking your Inca Trail with Happy Gringo Tours you are choosing the best operator. Don’t believe us, Check out our reviews on TripAdvisor!.
100% Happy clients on the top of Wayna Picchu, after hiking Huchuy Qosqo trek.
Trip Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture and organic food
Good For: Anyone who is moderately in shape and families
Starting Altitude: 3700m – 12139ft.
Highest Altitude: 4300m – 14,107ft.
Hiking Distance: 18 km – 11 miles
Accommodation: 1 night in tent and 1 hotel
Coldest Night: Day 1 around 2º Celsius
Recommendation: We recommend you arrive at least 48 hours before your trek to Cusco, in order to acclimate at high altitude.
Itinerary on the 3 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu
Day 1 Cusco – Tambomachay – Purmamarca Village
Pick up from your hotel early in the morning by bus to take you to the starting point of the hike Tambomachay 3700 m – 12139 ft. You begin hiking uphill for 2 hours to conquer the first pass, since this point you will be on the top of sacred valley mountains, where you get to see amazing views of this expedition, today basically you will hike 4 hours before lunch, then you will conquer the highest peak of the hike 4300 m – 14,107 ft. After you will have dowhill for an hour to get the campsite Pumamarka Andean village.
Day 2 Purmamarca Village – Huchuy Qosqo – Aguas Calientes
Today, after organic breakfast have downhill hike to visit Huchuy Qosqo site, where you have the first guided tour before to descend to the sacred valley of the Incas. Lamay the place for lunch from this point you have to take the bus to Ollantaytambo, in order to take the journey by train to Aguas Calientes. Tonight you will spend the night in a hotel in Machu Picchu town
Day 3 Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
The breakfast in the hotel early in the morning to take the first bus up to Machu Picchu to explore the lost citadel for the guided tour that takes 2 hours where during this tour you will visit the most important temples of the ruins. After the guided tour you have free time to explore the site by yourself. Late in the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo where you will carry on by bus to Cusco to leave in your hotel.
Price on the 3 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu
- Minimum of Participants 02 persons cusco
|Number of Trekkers||Price – Based on Number of People|
|02 people||US$570.00 per person|
|03 people||US$610.00 per person|
|04 people||US$580.00 per person|
|05 + people||US$525.00 per person|
Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Sleeping Bag US$20
Walking Pole US$7
Inflatable Mattress US$18
Single Tent Supplement US$25
Extra 7kg of personal items US$65
Huayna Picchu ticket US$25
Machu Picchu ticket US$25
Vistadome one US$45
Inclusions on the 3 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Assistant tour guide for groups of 9+
- Professional chef
- Mules to carry all camping equipments and 8 kg of your personal items
- Pick up from your hotel/hostel
- Private bus to Socma village
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town (Round-trip)
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco city
- Drinkable water bring your own water for the first morning
- 2 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks, 2 dinners. Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements.
- Dining tent with chairs and table
- 4 men tent for only 2 people
- *** star hotel in Aguas Calientes on night 2
- Foam mattress
- Oxygen bottle tank
- First aid-kit
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
Does not Include
- Sleeping bags
- The first breakfast on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 3
- Tips for cook, guide and porters
- Travel and health insurance (You are strongly recommended to take out travel/health insurance for the duration of your expedition)
What you need to take
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket and rain poncho
- Warm jackets
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (recommended 35 better if is higher)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medications
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries