Luxury Peru Tour 15 Days / 14 Nights
Luxury Peru Tour, covering visits to the Peruvian Amazon, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, the Nazca Lines, Colca Canyon and much more
Overview Luxury Peru Tour 15 Days / 14 Nights
Experience all that Peru has to offer during this 15 days tour covering visits to the Peruvian Amazon, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, the Nazca Lines, Colca Canyon and much more. Spot exotic wildlife in the Amazon and then discover the history of the Incas during time in Cusco and the Sacred Valley. You’ll also spend an unforgettable day exploring the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Machu Picchu before heading to Lake Titicaca to discover the lake’s unique floating islands. Then search for Andean Condors above the Colca Canyon. Finish your trip with a flight above the mysterious Nazca Lines. This Peru highlights trip also covers a guide, 14 nights of accommodations, meals as per the itinerary, bus, boat and train transfers and all entrance fees.
- Experience all that Peru has to offer during this 15-day, 14-night trip to the Amazon, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon, the Nazca Lines and more
- Search for parrots, macaws, caimans, monkeys, piranhas and more during a trip to Peru Amazon Jungle
- Explore the history of the Incas in Cusco, the Sacred Valley and the stunning mountaintop city of Machu Picchu
- Discover the Uros Floating Islands and experience a slice of Andean village life on Lake Titicaca Take an unforgettable flight above the mysterious Nazca Lines
- Includes 14 nights of accommodations
What You Can Expect
Enjoy a 15 – day tour exploring the best of what Peru has to offer. See the jungle, incredible archaeological sites, fantastic views and historical places. This is a tour that will give you an unforgettable experience. See itinerary for details.
Itinerary Luxury Peru Tour 15 Days / 14 Nights
Day 1: Lima, Peru
Upon arrival into Lima, you will be transferred you to your hotel and spend the rest of the day to spend at leisure. Overnight in Lima
Day 2: Lima to Puerto Maldonado (B) (L) (D)
In the morning, your private driver will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Lima Airport in time for your hour domestic flight to Puerto Maldonado. Upon your arrival at the airport, your representative will take you to the river port, where your Amazon jungle adventure will begin.
During the afternoon, you will be treated to a private Twilight River Boat Ride where you will witness the enchanting transformation of the Amazon jungle from day to night and the new creatures that emerge from the darkness. Keep your eyes to the banks as you explore the river and search for nighttime species, such as nightjars, owls, capybaras and caimans. You will then return to your lodge in time for some exquisite Peruvian cuisine. (Program is subject to change due to availability) Overnight in Amazon
Day 3: Sandoval Lake and Treetop Canopy Walking (B) (L) (D)
Today, after you have enjoyed your appetizing breakfast, your private tour guide will take you on an excursion to Sandoval Lake. Firstly, you will take an enchanting thirty minute boat trip to arrive to the Tambopata National Reserve. You will smell the fresh air and hear the beautiful bird songs as you walk for one hour through the rainforest to arrive at the stunningly-clear, pinerimmed Sandoval Lake. Upon arrival, a wooden canoe will be ready and waiting to take you in search of some marvelous Amazonian critters such as giant otters, red howler monkeys, macaws, prehistoric hoatzins and anacondas.
After our wildlife exploration, we will return back to the lodge in time for a delicious lunch. After you have relaxed, we will take you to the Canopy Walkway, where you will literally walk through the Amazon treetops on suspension bridges linked to observation platforms that give spectacular views. You will also experience the Anaconda Walk along a 200m wooden bridge over the Aguajales Swamps. In this spectacular lush environment, you will observe numerous species of amphibians, serpents, birds and mammals. From here, you will return to the lodge to enjoy another tasty dinner. (Program is subject to change due to availability) Overnight in Amazon
Day 4: Puerto Maldonado to Cusco (B)
After you enjoyed your breakfast, we will take you to visit the Butterfly House, where you will see and learn about the diverse characteristics of these wonderful species. From here, we will take you to Puerto Maldonado Airport in time for your one hour domestic flight to Cusco. Upon arrival to the Incan Empire of Cusco, you will be greeted with a welcoming hot coca tea and be given a special gift from the Andes as a thank you from Cultural Immersion. We will then take you to your hotel, where you have the rest of the day to spend at your leisure. (Program is subject to change due to availability) Overnight in Cusco
Day 5: Cusco Walking Tour (B)
Meet your guide and enjoy a walking Cusco city tour visiting the Cathedral located in the main square, Plaza de Armas, ´Qoricancha´, the Temple of the Sun and the San Pedro Market. Learn about the local variety of products and ingredients. Then, head back to your hotel. Overnight in Cusco.
Day 6: Maras, Moray, Ollantaytambo and Train to Cusco (B) (L)
Visit Maras and wander through the streets. Then, see the circular terraces of Moray and enjoy a delicious lunch in a local house. Then, visit the salt terraces of Maras and learn about an ancient pre-Inca method of producing salt. Step back in time when visiting Ollantaytambo and the impressive Ollantaytambo ruins, temples and terraces. Then, take your Expedition train to Aguas Calientes from the Ollantaytambo train station. Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 7: Machu Picchu (B)
Visit the magnificent site of Machu Picchu and see the exceptional Temples of the Sun and the Condor, aqueducts and houses, and learn about the Inca Sacred Terraces. Then, explore the site on your own and in the afternoon, return to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train to Cusco. Upon arrival into Cusco, you will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Cusco
Day 8: Cusco to Puno (B) (L)
Head to the bus station for your 9 hour scenic coach journey to Lake Titicaca. Make a stop at Andahuaylillas Church, known as the Andean Sistine Chapel and the town of Racchi where you will visit the Incan temple of Wiracocha. Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch of traditional Peruvian dishes and reach the midway point between Cusco and Puno which is also the highest point of the journey, La Raya standing 14,100 feet (4,300 meters). Visit Pukara, famous for its ceramic production and its most famous figurines and reach Puno at 5pm. A representative will be waiting for you at the bus station to transfer you to your hotel. Overnight in Puno.
Day 9: Uros Floating Islands and Taquile Islands (B) (L)
During the morning, visit the unique Uros Floating Islands and see how the locals use the totora reeds to build many objects essential in their daily lives. Explore the lake with a trip around the islands by totora reed canoe and continue on to Taquile Island via motor fast boat. Once at the island, walk around the area and appreciate the beautiful landscapes. Enjoy a locally prepared lunch at a restaurant and cross the lake via boat to then be transferred back to your hotel. Overnight in Puno.
Day 10: Lake Titicaca to Yanque (Colca Canyon) (B)
Take a six hour journey to the town of Chivay while enjoying incredible landscapes marked by lakes, lagoons, trout farms and Andean flamingos. The soaring altitude of 4850m (12,000ft), which will be reached, will give you an amazing view of the highlands. Travel on through the Colca Canyon until you reach your hotel in Yanque. Overnight in Colca Canyon.
Day 11: Colca Canyon Tour and Arequipa (B)
Enjoy a tour of Colca Canyon and make a few stops in small Andean villages where time seems to have stood still. Travel along the canyon until ‘Mirador Cruz del Condor’, which is the best viewing point to look into the depths of the Colca Canyon. Spot a few condors flying with an amazing scenery in the background and then enjoy a locally prepared lunch. Once you have taken in the refreshing air of the Colca Canyon, head to your hotel in Arequipa. The journey back to Arequipa will take approximately 4 hours. Overnight in Arequipa.
Day 12: Free Day to Explore Arequipa and Bus to Ica (B)
Enjoy a free day exploring Arequipa. Maybe you would like to walk around the Plaza de Armas or visit the Monastery of Santa Catalina, a beautiful complex that surrounds a whole spiritual world, built over 400 years ago. You can visit museums, tourist shops or taste the local dishes. In the evening, meet your guide at your hotel and head to the Arequipa bus station, in time for your comfortable overnight bus to Ica. Upon arrival in Ica, you’ll be taken to your hotel. Overnight bus
Day 13: Flight Over Nazca Lines (From Ica) (B)
After hotel pick up, head to the Ica Airport and board a plane for your one hour flight over the mysterious Nazca Lines, a series of ancient geoglyphs in the desert made by the Nazca culture. During the flight you will be able to see the most interesting figures. After seeing the incredible lines, head back to your hotel. You will have the rest of the day to spend at leisure. Overnight in Ica.
Day 14: Ballestas Islands from Ica and Return to Lima (B)
Head to the Chaco Harbor in Paracas for your boat ride to the Ballestas Islands, located a short distance from the coast. You will be able to see a giant geoglyph in the shape of a candle holder on the boat ride to the islands. Arriving at the Ballestas Islands, you will observe many animals from the boat including noisy but playful fur seals and sea lions and sea birds. After your boat ride, head to the Paracas bus station to board your comfortable tourist coach back to Lima. Upon arrival into Lima, you’ll be transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Lima.
Day 15: International Flight (B)
Today you will be transferred to the Lima Airport on time for your international flight.
Inclusions on the 15 Day Luxury Peru Tour
- 13 nights accommodation in carefully selected hotels
- Local taxes
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- All site and attraction entrance tickets
- Professional Driver
- Train To Machu Picchu
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- All Jungle Excursions
- Excursions And Tours
- Transfers And Transportation
- Flight Over The Nazca Lines
- Executive Tourist Coach From Cusco to Puno, Puno to Colca, Arequipa to Ica, Ica to Lima
- Speedy Deluxe Motor Boat Trip To Uros And Taquile Islands
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
- International Flights
- Domestic Flights
- Meals not mentioned above.
- Airport taxes
- Optional Huayna Picchu Hike: $25 Usd Per Person
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended you bring light pants, long sleeved shirts, hiking shoes, rain jacket, day pack, flashlight, binoculars, pocket knife and insect repellent
Note: Please have a small bag packed as luggage will be restricted in the Amazon Lodge. Your remaining luggage will be stored safely in the Office in Puerto Maldonado
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Note: to conserve energy, the power is turned off for a short amount of time in the morning and afternoon. Due to this, it is possible the lodge will be hot during this time.
Very important: Please provide a scan or a picture of your Passport
Jorge Chávez International Airport (Lima)
Coincides with your arrival flight
15 days (approx.)
Tour ends at the Jorge Chávez International Airport (Lima)
Must Be Read Before Booking!
- Jungle trip 3D2N is really 2 full days in the Amazon as the rest of the time is travelling. The first day you will arrive around 1 pm to the lodge and the last day after breakfast you will take a motorboat back to Puerto Maldonado for your flight to Cusco.
- The City and Sacred Valley tours in this package are done in a group and with a trusted third party, not through Happy Gringo Tours. The group tours in this package are available as a private tour with all Happy Gringo guides for additional cost based on your group size.
- After Machu Picchu, your train returning to Cusco will be either at 14:55 or 16:42 depending of the availability. They will be booked on the Expedition (tourist class) train, but can be upgraded to the Vistadome train for $65 per person. The Vistadome train leaves at 15:20.
- Climbing Huayna Picchu involves purchasing a permit and is available for $25 each. You can climb at 10:30 am after your Machu Picchu tour and it does need to be booked in advance as there is a limit and only 400 people can climb per day. However, if you do not want to climb, don’t be frustrated, here are similar views from the Sungate and Inca Bridge.
Prices on the 15 days Luxury Gringo Trip
Standard Package: 3 and 4 Star Hotels
- US$4985 per person for Solo Traveller with Single Room
- US$4715 per person for Travellers with 2 or More “with sharing double, matrimonial or triple rooms
Student Discount: US$40 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$80
Wayna Picchu ticket US$35
Vistadome 40 USD Per Person (Round trip 80 USD P/p)
What you need to take:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries