Peru Trip 11 Days / 10 Nights
Peru Trip, filled with ancient Inca sites and colonial buildings sat alongside modern restaurants and upmarket cafes, Cusco has a little something for everyone.
Overview Peru Trip 11 Days / 10 Nights
Arequipa, as known the White city of Peru with an impressive colonial center built from the white volcanic rock that is found in the area there are a variety of things to do whilst in the city such as visit the Santa Catalina Monastery or the museum where the Ice Mummy ‘Juanita’ is kept. The main attraction of the city is the nearby Colca Canyon where it is possible to see condors soaring on the thermals.
Puno, another colonial city that people visit for Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake and home to the Uros people. The Uros people have lived on floating islands that they construct from reeds for generations, possibly as far back as Inca times and it is this unique culture that attracts people to the area.
Cusco, the old Inca capital is the main destination of everyone’s trip. Sat at 3300m / 10,827ft. above sea level, Cusco has a unique charm and provides an interesting mix of Andean and Spanish cultures. Filled with ancient Inca sites and colonial buildings sat alongside modern restaurants and upmarket cafes, Cusco has a little something for everyone.
Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas is a short train journey from Cusco. Surrounded by breathtaking mountain scenery and with some of the most impressive Inca buildings ever constructed, Machu Picchu is the highlight of Peru.
- Tour the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu
- Admire Colonial architecture on a tour of historic Lima
- Witness the spectacular Andes Mountains
- Explore the fascinating Uros floating islands
- Marvel at impressive Lake Titicaca
- Visit traditional villages on Taquile Island
- Enjoy a boat trip across Lake Titicaca
- Explore the ‘Imperial City’ of Cusco
- Stay in Aguas Calientes ‘hot springs town’
- Visit ancient Inca monuments
- Enjoy a guided tour of Pukara and Raqch’i
- Colca Canyon trip and time to visit the home of the condor
Price Peru Trip 11 Days / 10 Nights
Standard Package: 3 and 4 Star Hotels
- US$3745 per person for Solo Traveller with Single Room
- US$3275 per person for Travellers with 2 or More “with sharing double, matrimonial or triple rooms
Student Discount: US$40 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$80
Wayna Picchu ticket US$35
Vistadome 40 USD Per Person (Round trip 80 USD P/p)
Inclusions Peru Trip 11 Days / 10 Nights
- 1 night hotel in Lima
- 3 nights Hotel in Cusco
- 1 night Hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 1 night Hotel in Puno
- 2 nights Hotel in Homestay Amantani Island
- 1 night Hotel in Chivay
- 1 night Hotel in Arequipa
- Lima City tour – group tour
- Cusco City tour in group with entrance fees
- Sacred Valley in group with Extra fees
- Tour in Machu Picchu with private guide, entrance fees and bus tickets
- Tourist Bus to Puno with entrance fee and lunch
- Group tour of Lake Titicaca 2D1N staying a night with local family
- Colca Canyon tour including entrance fee, bilingual guide and transportation.
- All airport transfers.
Does not Include
- Meals not mentioned above.
- Domestic flights
- Airport taxes
Must Be Read Before Booking!
- The City and Sacred Valley tours in this package are done in a group and with a trusted third party, not through Happy Gringo Tours. The group tours in this package are available as a private tour with all Happy Gringo guides for additional cost based on your group size.
- After Machu Picchu, your train returning to Cusco will be either at 14:55 or 16:42 depending of the availability. They will be booked on the Expedition (tourist class) train, but can be upgraded to the Vistadome train for $65 per person. The Vistadome train leaves at 15:20.
- Climbing Huayna Picchu involves purchasing a permit and is available for $25 each. You can climb at 10:30 am after your Machu Picchu tour and it does need to be booked in advance as there is a limit and only 400 people can climb per day. However, if you do not want to climb, don’t be frustrated, here are similar views from the Sungate and Inca Bridge.
What you need to take:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Day 1: Discovering the capital of Peru!
After your arrival to Lima, a representative of Happy Gringo Tours will be waiting you to pick up and take you to your hotel in Miraflores. In the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to take a city tour of Lima that includes:Huaca Pucllana «a magnificent ceremonial and archeological center»The historic center of LimaColonial buildings (Plaza Mayor, the Palace justice, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Cathedral, the City Hall)The Central bank MuseumSan FranciscoThe modern LimaAfter touring the colonial city of Lima, we will rest before travelling to the white city of Arequipa and explore the home of the condor!
A representative of Happy Gringo Tours will pick you up from the hotel (time to be confirmed) and take you to the airport, where you will take your flight to Arequipa and representative of Happy Gringo Tours will pick you up and take you to your hotel in Arequipa.You have the opportunity to walk around the white city and its surroundings.The architecture in its historic center is characterized by the prominence of ashlar, the use of which began in the last third of Century XVI. This volcanic stone, white or pink is exceptionally soft, lightweight, and weatherproof and emerged as a seismic structural solution.
The tour starts at 7:40 to 8:00 am where you are picked up. Then we have a bus journey of 4 hours approximately, including stops along the way with beautiful landscapes and amazing sceneries. We will arrive at the town of Chivay and have time to settle into your hotel. In the afternoon, you can go to the thermal baths, which are 3 km from Chivay. They cost 10 soles per person (does not include in the tour price). In the evening, there is a folkloric show with dinner (dinner does not include in the tour price –25 soles per person).
The tour starts early in the morning having breakfast and then leaving the hotel to go to Cruz Del Condor. This is the point, where we get to see the depth and beauty of Colca Canyon and will hopefully be able to see condors! After this, we head back towards Chivay, visiting a few small villages along the way.At noon approx, we will have lunch in Chivay before our journey to Puno.Once you arrive in Puno, the folkloric capital of Peru, you will be taken to your hotel; where you will stay the night. You will stay in the similar standard hotel:At night, try to stay in the main, lit areas. The main street will be obvious and there are lots of little restaurants there. This would be a good time to buy gifts for your host family for your island trip. Gifts are not obligatory but recommended. Suggested gifts are: 1 kilo of sugar, 1 kilo of rice, and a bottle of oil. Practical items such as these are welcomed. Please, do not take sweets for the children or give your host family money.
Happy Gringo Tours gives you these stunning trips within a couple days. One night on the Island of Amantani, in a home stay sleeping with the families. We take you to one of the legendary islands of Uros, where you can observe the lives of the Uros people, who live on floating reed islands. After a beautiful three hour boat ride, we reach Amantani Island, where we will break into smaller groups to stay with the local families.You will have the opportunity to trek to the top of a mountain (4150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of the Pachamama and Pachatata. Enjoy the traditional customs of the island people. Food and authentic music prepared and performed by your designated family. Meals are provided and included within trip. Maximum Altitude is at 4150 m.a.s.l.Overnight, you have a home stay and sleep with one of the families at Amantani Island
After breakfast, we partake in some activities programmed to interact and taste the locals’ lifestyle such as, farming, cooking time to prepare breakfast and lunch. Finally, we enjoy a delicious lunch with our host family. After lunch, we say goodbye to the local families and take a two hour ride by motor boat back to Puno, arriving at our hotel around 5:00pm.
We will pick you up at 7:10am and take you to the bus station to catch the bus back to Cusco. The bus trip is more like a tour stopping at four interesting sites along the way, where you have guided tour in all sites.Pukara: The most important and oldest ceremonial center of Aymara nation.La Raya: The highest point of the tour located at 4335 meters above sea levelRaqchi: The biggest temple of Wiracocha Inca KingAndahuaylillas: The Sistine chapel of South America and the most beautiful examples of Andean churches
This tour is one of the most popular tours in the region. The Sacred Valley of the Incas was a crucial area for the Inca empire and it functioned as both an agricultural, spiritual and political center for them. Throughout its length there are many Inca and Pre-Inca sites that can be found and the Sacred Valley tour visits the 2 main sites, Pisac and Ollantaytambo. Lasting a full day you will get to appreciate the fine works of craftsmanship that the Incas produced and see the beautiful scenery of the Sacred Valley. Many tourists pick out to do this tour just before their visit to Machu Picchu as you can choose to finish in Ollantaytambo from where you take the train on to Machu Picchu Pueblo (the town at the base of Machu Picchu citadel).
We will pick you up at 6:45am (to be confirmed) and take you to the train station. The train leaves at 8:20 am (time may change depending on availability and changes to time table). After a three and half hour journey through majestic views, you arrive in Machu Picchu Pueblo where the Hot Springs are?, as well where you will spend the night. There will be plenty of time to relax, if you want to have a hot bath in the natural springs you can do it too!Things to do in Machu Picchu PuebloVisit the Machu Picchu ‘Manuel Chávez Ballón’ museum and orchid exhibition. This is open from 9am to 4:30pm, and is a 35 minute walk down the road from Machu Picchu Pueblo to Puente Ruinas. It is a very illustrative museum that gives an interesting introduction to Machu Picchu citadel.Thermal baths (10 soles per person not included).
You will have breakfast and your guide will pick you up from your hotel at 5:40am. You will take the bus up to majestic Machu Picchu to catch the sunrise and begin your walking tour (2 hours) with your guide. After this, you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves.You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes (by bus or on foot) for lunch and be given your train tickets back to Cusco, then you will catch the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, followed by a bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
You will have free morning to rest and relax after the whole trip. In the afternoon, you’ll be taken to the airport for your departure flight to Lima.