Rainbow Mountain Peru Trek – Vinicunca (The Rainbow Mountain) is a hike around the snow capped mountains, a dramatic scenery located in Cusco, the largest peak in Cusco southern región.
Overview on the 2 Day Rainbow Mountain Trek
Rainbow Mountain Trek – Vinicunca (The Rainbow Mountain) is a hike around the snow capped mountains, a dramatic scenery located in Cusco, the largest peak in Cusco southern región. Happy Gringo Tours offers you one Amazing circuit around Ausangate and one very non-traditional to Vinicunca, you end up doing two adventures in the area.
The Rainbow Mountain Trek to the most amazing place of Vinicunca, Peru.
Trip Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture and organic food.
Good For: Moderate physical fitness.
Starting Altitude: 4326 m – 14,189 ft.
Highest Altitude: 5020 m – 16,466 ft.
Hiking Distance: 16 km – 10 miles
Accomodation: 1 nights in tent
Coldest Night: Day 1 around 0º Celsius
Recommendation: Try to arrive to Cusco days in advance to acclimate
Itinerary on the 2 Day Rainbow Mountain Trek
Day 1: Cusco – Qesuno – Circle Lake
We will pick you up at your hotel at 6:00am to drive nearly 3 hours to stop for organic breakfast which is prepared by our professional cook. Then we climb up for 4 hours to reach the lunch spot where we have lunch in order to begin with high altitude exploration and passing through local herders, lush flat plains and hundreds of llamas which are along our hike. Our destination for the night is Circle Lake, where we will enjoy a beautiful evening surrounded by sharp mountains and beautiful landscapes in the middle of the Andes.
Day 2: Circle Lake – Rainbow Mountain – Cusco
Today is what you’ve been waiting for! Your chance to see the beautiful Rainbow Mountain; the best part of the hike, you’re almost there, to enjoy the famous mountain. We begin our final climb to Vinicunca “Rainbow Mountain”. Upon arrival to the top you can take all the time you want soaking in the amazing 360 degree vistas of the surrounding lands and explore the mountain itself. After Taking some time for yourself and really enjoy the beauty of nature around you, it is truly a magical place the summit the downhill hike will only take us about three hours to the lunch place. Since this spot we won’t hike more we will use bus to return to Cusco.
Price on the 2 Day Rainbow Mountain Trek – Private Organic Service
Private Service Price
- Minimum of participants 02 persons
US$465.00 por personas
Student Discount: US$50 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$50
Sleeping Bag US$20
Walking Pole US$10
Inflatable Mattress US$15
Single Tent Supplement US$30
Personal Porter to carry extra 9 kilos of personal items US$85
Inclusions on the 2 Day Rainbow Mountain Trek – Private Organic Service
- Private Happy Gringo Tours bus to Qesiuno – Circle Lake – (starting point of our trek.)
- 2 person per tent (large and comfortable) and foam mattress.
- English speaking experienced professional mountain guide.
- 6-8 people with 1 guide, 2 Guides for a group of 9-17 trekkers.
- 8 kilos porterage service for your personal items (A duffle bag is lent to you).
- Full board meals 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner. (Buffet Style Peruvian Gourmet Cuisine).(Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Dining tent and cooking tents with tables and chairs.
- Experienced Chef, assistants and cooking equipment and kitchen tent.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Mules to carry tents, mattress, food, cooking equipment.
- Hot water for washing purposes.
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles everyday except the first day morning
- Free storage in Cusco for your belongings at Happy Gringo Tours office.
Does not Include:
- Water to drink
- Dinner on Day 2
- Tips for your crew: Cooks, horse herders and guides.
We recommend that you bring:
- Daypack for personal use
- A warm and good Sleeping Bag (Minus 8ºC) : (Can be rented at Happy Gringo Tours office)
- Hiking boots (sneakers or running shoes are not recommended)
- Trekking poles
- Warm clothes layers for variable temperatures
- Flashlight with extra batteries necessary
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries / Charger
- Sun Protection : Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Thermals, Wool Socks & Woolen Hat for cold nights
- Gloves, Scarf
- Insect Repellant for Valleys
- Rain Poncho / Good rain jacket in wet season
- Toiletries, Toilet paper, small towel
- Trekking pants or similar
- Water container to fill up
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card is applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips to your staff